Today was church and then I came home and made our Thanksgiving turkey. Cranberries, mashed potatoes, squash, rolls, stuffing and gravy. It was a good dinner, despite the fact that I figured out my stove's oven is not working. Having to make everything in the smaller wall oven or on the stovetop was a bit challenging, but we made it.
I spent the evening sewing more bibs. I have some ready to take to work tomorrow and a couple more boy bibs to finish before starting the girl bibs. I also have to get the dishes ready for Holiday Extravaganza on Friday. I'm bringing the dishes and glassware for a table of 8. My daughter is working on the table centerpiece. It is always a lot of fun.
After my daughter left for home, I tried calling her this evening. No answer for several hours. Then my son-in-law called to see if she was here. Apparently he had been calling her also. At that point, I got worried and drove across town to see that she and the boys were okay. Apparently she left her phone in her car and hadn't received our 18 calls. I helped her with her turkey that she was baking this evening and we talked some and then I headed home since I knew she was okay. I guess she will always be my baby. :)
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




They are always our babies, aren't they? Sounds like you had a lovely dinner in spite of the appliance issue. Adapt and overcome!
ReplyDelete