Thanksgiving was yesterday. We had a quiet day since we were traveling across town to have dinner with my husband's family. My daughter and her family were having Thanksgiving with her in-laws, but we had arranged to bring pie by on our way home to spend a little time with them. I made cranberries for the dinner and an apple and a pumpkin pie to have at my daughter's. It was a nice evening. Then my husband decided we should go to one of the stores having sales Thanksgiving evening. He had something he wanted to get at a nice discount, like 80% off, so off we went. We found the item and then waited 45 minutes in a long check-out line snaking through the store to pay for it. That was the extent of our Black Friday-type shopping. I am babysitting today. So much more fun than fighting crowds.
I have several co-workers that have had babies in the past few months. Work was too busy to let me make them something at the time, so I am getting caught up now. I decided their babies are about ready for bibs, so I've been having fun making patchwork bibs for them. Of course, Zachary can always use a few more also. :)
My knitting project has been a sweater for Malachi. Since the last one I knit him was way too big, I am measuring everything this time around so it will fit. Then I'll make a matching one for Zachary. I've learned you knit the biggest one first, as the younger child is the most apt to grow the most. Sometimes it takes Grandmas a while to figure it all out.
I'm also working on cutting out three new pairs of pajamas for Malachi. The ones I sewed him last year are getting rather small and worn, so I have three pieces of nice thick flannel to make him some new ones. He is so appreciative, it is nice to make things for him.
Well, I had better get back to my babysitting.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment