Today I spent babysitting my little guys. I knew I had to get up an hour earlier than normal to get over there on time, with time to pick up some lattes, so couldn't get to sleep until 1:30 a.m. even though I went to bed at a decent time. I hate when that happens. Luckily, the boys were content to laze around today with me. Elsie and I went shopping a little after she got off work. We needed some centerpiece components for our dinner table on Friday. I also wanted to get Zach a winter coat since the temps are supposed to be no higher than freezing for a week or so. I have been bugging Elsie to look for Malachi's jacket from when he was that size, but to no avail. While in the store tonight I remembered what happened to it...he stood too close to the stove one afternoon and the outer shell melted. He was fine, but the jacket was toast. Zach had had it with shopping by the time Grandma wanted to try a coat on him, but Grandma insisted. It is really cold out right now with a wind. With the wind chill figured in, it is only in the teens. Don't want my little guy to be cold.
Tonight I spent the evening deboning Sunday night's turkey. It is so not my favorite job. I threw the carcass and all the odds and ends into a pot on the stove for a while to make turkey stock. Then I transferred it to the crockpot to cook over night. Meanwhile I made two turkey pot pies for the freezer. I am really trying to build up my freezer meals before session starts. We still have lots of turkey leftovers so will be able to have turkey and cranberry sandwiches for a while.
I've been working on Malachi's sweater. I'm knitting the neck ribbing and then just the body to do. I've finished up three more bibs. I need to get another boy set of fabrics to finish up all the baby gifts I have in process. Onto the girl bibs now. There will be no temptation to share them with Zach!
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment