This has been a long week, not as productive as I'd like. The weather started out horribly rainy and while trying to transplant some lettuce into the garden I got positively soaked. I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and she changed some of my meds around and gave me a referral to the ortho clinic. We'll see what they say. Knee surgery may be in my future! Thursday night I worked until almost 11 p.m., but it was worth it as the Legislature has finally finished today! Yeah! Friday I babysat my little guys and today was Zach's first birthday party. So much packed into one week. Another notable for the week, the deer found my garden patch and chomped off the tops of the tomatoes and squash, so I spent one evening stretching bird netting over the top of it. It seems to be the only way I can outwit the deer. My poor greenhouse plants are still feeling the effects of not getting watered a couple days due to my schedule and our now really, really hot weather. It seems this summer we are doomed to freeze or fry!
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I didn't know deer ate tomato plants! I have mine in containers on the patio, but I haven't seen the deer come that close to the house. Here's hoping they don't!
ReplyDeleteI feel for you with your knees. Maybe surgery will help, but I know it's not fun going through the recovery part.
This is my second year gardening and I love it! I had no idea what I had been missing out on all these years. I am also amazed how much I used to spend on lettuce, when it grows beautifully in a garden, for little cost.
ReplyDeleteI hope your knee is okay!
Blessings
Mrs. White
The Legacy of Home
Greetings my friend. Thanks for all the lovely posts recently from you. I am excited to have a little boy in the family. May have to ask for your advise here and there! All new to us.
ReplyDeleteHope you are enjoying your summer.
Love,
Linda