I looked at how long it's been since I last posted and I was surprised to see how quickly summer is flying by. My computer is refusing to recognize my camera memory cards, so I have no pictures at the moment. The 4th of July was a fun day, we spent the afternoon with family visiting from out-of-town and then had Elsie and her family over for BBQ and lighting of some fireworks with Malachi. We spent a quiet evening at home, they went to see the Tumwater fireworks show.
Elsie and I spent a day painting Zach's bedroom. He didn't get a nursery when he was born as he was just sharing a corner of the master bedroom. When they moved, other rooms in the house demanded paint first, so we are just now getting around to creating a room for him. Elsie picked out a nice sky blue color for the walls. I had purchased an inexpensive decal of a tree, but it won't stay on the wall, so I am going to paint the tree on the wall instead. I just need a day to get to it. I also have wooden letters that spell his name I'm painting to hang on the wall. I did sew him some leaf green black out curtains. They are nothing special, but at least they work.
Elsie and I held our first canning class. We had several shifts of people signed up but some didn't show. However, we helped a friend of ours make her first raspberry jam and got a couple batches made for ourselves also. Next, I think we'll do some marion berries.
My family did a great job with my birthday. Elsie baked me a cake and we had a BBQ with family. Malachi helped me blow out my candles. My husband gave me a wonderful new camera. It was a great day.
My knitting projects continue on. I have a couple of pairs of socks I am working on, one that lives at work, and one that lives at home. I bought a couple of skeins of new sock yarn and can't wait to cast them on but need to finish up the ones I'm working on first.
My garden is progressing well and the corn is starting to develop. I have more lettuce than I know what to do with. Plants in the greenhouse are doing well, with celery, leeks, radishes, spinach, romaine lettuce and carrots growing in the beds and tomatoes and peppers in pots.
My baby is out camping this weekend with my little guys and I miss them!
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hi Jane, love catching up with all your news. Thanks SO much for your darling posts to me. Yes, Otto is his real name. It's a family name in Chris' family. Otto James Thorin Wirth...quite a name! The James is for Jimmy and you can imagine how he loves that!
ReplyDeleteKeep encouraging me about little boys...still kind of scared about it all.
LOL