Everyone who knows me knows my grandsons are the light of my life. I just can't get enough time to spend with them and everything they do, of course, fills me with delight. Zachary, of course, is too little to do anything but smile at you. But some of the cute things Malachi has been saying lately:
I went into Malachi's Sunday school class to visit with him a few minutes before I went into the service. He and another little boy were building something with large cardboard blocks and wearing Little Tykes construction hard hats on their heads. Malachi said, "You come to teach my class, Grandma?" "No, Grandma just came to visit you a minute. Can Grandma get a hug and a kiss?" Malachi says, "Sure, I give you a builder's kiss!" Then after giving me a hug, he turns to the other little boy and says, "XXX, don't you want to give my grandma a hug and a kiss?" The other little boy looked at me with alarm. "No, Malachi, he has his own grandma to give hugs and kisses to." "Oh, okay." The whole conversation was just too cute.
I work for the state Legislature. When Malachi comes to visit, he sees the big legislative building with its dome and tells me I work in a castle. "I come see you in your castle."
Right now, his current phrase is "Right?" Everything includes the word, "right." We're going to do this, Right?
His favorite song right now is Jingle Bells. He sings or hums it constantly. I tried last weekend when he visited to get him onto some other song. But Jingle Bells with its "Hey!" is the favorite.
He is such a little motor mouth. I hear his little voice as a constant drone behind my daughter whenever I talk to her on the phone. I know now why MY mother always used to ask, "How many children do you have over there today?" when she would call. One noisy little child can sound like a dozen over the phone. Apparently my daughter must have been just as noisy when she was little as Malachi is now. :)
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




YOU are blessed dear friend! So fun to read your post.
ReplyDeleteLinda
This is the best things in life, to me...so cute that Malachi talks a lot
ReplyDelete