

Malachi's mom and dad went on a date tonight, probably the last one before the new baby arrives, so he came to spend the evening with Grandma and Papa. He brought a butterfly net with him and had a great time trying to catch bugs! Then he decided Grandma's head fit into the net and that was fun to catch also. He wanted to play outside, so I decided to work on an outdoor project while he was here. We have our old swing set still installed in the side yard. We put it up when our daughter was two, so it is 28 years old and probably hasn't been used in 20 years. The swings are long gone and the whole thing is dirty and peeling paint. Malachi has been wanting to climb up on it but it is so yucky. I got my husband to get the toddler swing down from the attic in the garage. Malachi hasn't been much of a swinger so far, but I thought he might like the toddler swing since it's like a little chair. I hung it up pretty low to the ground and he loved it. Then we got the idea to clean off the slide. Other than being dirty and mossy, it was in great shape after going over it with an SOS pad. It cleaned up well and Malachi liked sliding down it. It is pretty high and pretty steep! My husband says he'll pressure wash the rest of the swing set next week and then we can repaint the peeling parts. I bought a new regular child's swing to hang from the other side once it is cleaned and repainted. We should be able to get quite a bit more use out of it. He came in for a peanut butter sandwich and ice cream and then a bath and two Curious George stories and off to bed. I get such a kick out of having him stay over and he is getting to be so much fun!
 |
| Caught this picture after he went to sleep. So cute with his hands behind his head. |
~Jane
I love to swing! Just posted my bubble recipe to Pinterest and I thought of you both...
ReplyDelete;)