This has been a productive week. I finished the last of the large diapers and the inserts I was making, turned several pairs of pants for my son-in-law into shorts and mended a pair for him, finished knitting the sheep hat for Zachary, finished knitting the fronts to the sweater I'm making for myself, slipcovered the cushion back for Elsie's rocking chair, and finished sewing the overskirt to my french fashion doll's dress. I also traced off and wrote directions to my diaper pattern for a woman at church who wants to try sewing her own diapers, and drafted an extra-small size diaper pattern that I'm going to try making up for Zachary. The only frustrating part was that the fabric store didn't have enough slipcover fabric to cover everything. I think I'll try ordering the rest on-line.
Malachi came to spend the afternoon and we washed bikes - his tricycle and my bicycle. I haven't ridden my bicycle for at least 20 years, so it was covered in grime and rust. I'm discovering SOS pads for good for cleaning up a lot of rusty chrome. First the swing set, and now my bike. Of course, the tires are totally flat. My husband says he'll put some air in them to judge their condition. I'm sure I need new ones, but I'm thinking that since my knees limit how much I can walk, bicycling may be better. It sounds like my husband would be willing to do it with me. Guess I need to get a helmet.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh, I want a basket for my bike!
ReplyDeleteWhat a productive week you had, and I can't wait to hear about your rides.