In my last entry I told of how I had really screwed up my sewing machine and how I was going to take it in to get it fixed. It is still sitting there waiting, since I haven't really had a chance to take it in yet. Meanwhile, I'm using the little featherweight and it's working fine. However, I've been having fun looking at sewing machines on-line, and I discovered one that I'm kind of lusting after. Mind you, it isn't fancy or expensive, but it has some features that I would really find handy. It threads its own needle. A few years ago this wasn't so wonderful, but now that I have bifocals, I can really see the advantage of a self-threading needle. Also, it has a stitch that looks like hand-quilting. This would be handy making baby quilts. It has a simple monogramming feature that can monogram simple phrases. I don't want a machine that does embroidery, but being able to put the Little Guy's name or just Baby Jones, whatever, on bibs or undershirts would be fun. I'm still thinking on it. It isn't that expensive and I am really tempted.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Do it. :)
ReplyDeleteI wish you lived closer, I'm struggling with loading my bobbins. Spring break is just over two weeks away, and I'm going to use my machine. I AM!
Spring for the machine Jane! Sounds perfect for you. I love my Janome...nothing too fancy, lots of decorate stitches. I'm not into machine embroidery either.
ReplyDeleteLet me know what you do!