![]() |
| Old Faithful |
I've been busily sewing the past few weeks and my Singer sewing machine started sounding rather rough. I decided I needed to clean out the area where the bobbin lives and give the poor machine an oiling. Now, I've done this many, many times. My machine is at least 25 years old and just keeps going. I rarely have problems with it. Usually it just needs the lint cleaned out and some machine oil and it's good to go. This time, however, after cleaning it out, I must not have lined up the bobbin piece in the machine correctly and it's now jammed in there out of alignment. I'll have to take it in to the repair shop on Saturday and see if it can be fixed and if it's worth fixing. So.......out came the old Singer featherweight. It may not be fancy but it sews very well as long as you only need straight stitching. Since nothing I'm sewing needs a zigzag stitch, we're good to go until a decison is made on the other machine.
I managed to get all three of the cut-out diapers sewed this week. Yeah! And, I'm halfway through the second sleeve on the Little Guy's deer sweater. That is real progress. I may finish it before he outgrows it. The Little Guy is coming to spend the night Saturday night. This is a picture from a couple weeks ago when he spent the night. He had Grandpa (Bapa) reading to him. I just love it when the Little Guy spends the night. He is developing such a personality. He is so fun!







No comments:
Post a Comment