
I've blogged before about my mom's house and all the stuff we are trying to clear out. We had a couple garage sales this fall, but I hate having to practically give everything away. My daughter and I have been trying a new tactic. I've been dragging aprons, hankies, and linens home, washing everything to make sure it's clean and intact, and then ironing it. My daughter photographs them and enters them on her etsy shop and is the one who mails things out. In the processing of finding items to sell, we are also culling out what we feel is unsaleable. The thrift store has already been the recipient of many bags and boxes of stuff. Our goal every time we go over is at least six garbage bags of stuff out of the house. Today a box of binders and 5 bags of stuff went to the Goodwill, 2 bags of stuff went into the garbage, and several big cardboard boxes into the recycling. I try to get over there at least once a week. It's amazing that every time I start feeling that we're making progress, we go into another room and start over again. Unfortunately, I drag home more than I should. But we've sold at least 21 aprons over the past several months, half a dozen bags of miscellaneous trims, and several assorted linens. If you're interested, check out her Etsy shop -
Little Sprout Basics. I've been pulling pillowcases out of the stuff and my next venture is sewing up some pillowcase dresses to sell this spring. It should be fun, but first I need to finish ironing all the aprons. :)
~Jane
Jane, I know the work is over-whelming, but you are to be commended! You deserve a huge pat on the back for even attempting this job. I am definitely going to check out her etsy shop and add her to my circle! I am SerenitySheepWoolens.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work. Just imagine how you will feel when it's all done! What a job!
Just bought an apron to use as a little curtain! :-)
ReplyDeleteI love my apron!
ReplyDeleteI'm making a Goodwill run today...some of my stuff needs to be reused by someone else!
Keep going, and enjoy the work.