I sat down last night to play on my NEW computer only to have my husband inform me there was no hot water. Upon investigation, it appeared the hot water heater had breathed its last. It's been in for about 16 years. We considered calling someone to fix it, but we had already been talking about replacing it, since it predates our new water system and was contaminated with iron in the last few water system failures. We live in an area with extremely high levels of iron in the water and get nasty orange stains on plumbing fixtures. We put in a new water system a few years back, but the hot water tank has had icky iron water in it and the tub and shower still stain, since that mainly is where the hot water is used.
I had planned on going over to my mom's today and working on sorting through some boxes, but instead my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson came over for breakfast, so my son-in-law could help my husband replace the water heater. It would be an easy fix except for the fact it's propane. Working with gas always scares me. So I made pancakes, eggs, and sausage for everyone and then, because I was showing evidence of seriously being stressed out, my daughter, grandson, and I went shopping. She was looking for prizes for Bunco next week and I needed Starbucks! She figured that getting me out of the house would benefit everyone, especially my dear husband! So I got to spend the day with the Little Guy. I so enjoyed seeing him and getting sweet little boy kisses and hugs.
~Jane




For a busy hotwaterless woman, you're making headway on those mittens. They look great! (It looks great?)
ReplyDelete