I can't believe that Christmas is less than two weeks away. I have only purchased 4 presents and I have a ton of them left to buy. I pretty much know what I want, just have to find time to get out there and buy them. I have also started knitting several presents at the last minute. Why do I do this? :) So I am in the process of knitting something for my daughter...can't say what it is because she reads my blog... and the socks for my grandson. I probably would have just given them to him, but since they probably won't get done until almost Christmas, I might as well save them and stuff them in his stocking.
We've had a few logistical problems this year with Christmas. We had my daughter and her family for Thanksgiving, so we get them Christmas Eve and her in-laws get them for Christmas dinner. They will probably come over for Christmas morning - cinnamon rolls and tater tot casserole - and Christmas stockings. The problem is that our church has a candlelight service at 4 and 6 p.m on Christmas Eve. Since we can't really do dinner before, we decided to attend the 4 p.m. service and have dinner and gifts after. One of my brothers does all the lighting for church services, so I'm pretty sure he and his family won't be able to come until about 7:30. I guess they will just have to have leftovers. The other brother called and asked if he could invite a guy from work to come. I'm thinking - Ack! Someone we don't know! - but then decided it wasn't as bad as the year my husband invited a homeless little old lady off the streets to my mother's house for Christmas dinner. My mother wasn't very flexible and it really stressed her out. Actually, my husband's done that several times over the years. Once it was a really tough biker dude who visited our church on his Harley one Sunday night and didn't have a place to stay, so my husband invited him home for the night. It usually freaks me out, but can you say no if he really believes that's what God wants us to do? So far it has worked out okay each time.
Well, I guess I should get back to knitting, or I won't get anything done for Christmas. My tree is up, but bare. I am enjoying the nice pine smell. Hopefully, I'll get it decorated tomorrow night.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Really, get going on that shopping or mine will never get through the postal system on time!
ReplyDelete;)
Enjoy the season, and I think your husband has the right idea.