It is hard to believe it has been a year and a half since I last blogged, and quite a while before that last blog post. Life here is extremely busy. I work full time, and I babysit my grandsons several afternoon/evenings a week. With other activities, the days seem to just fill up.
I have been struggling with health issues lately. I'm diabetic and have been experiencing some neuropathy in my arm which has been upsetting. I'm trying a new eating plan which I hope will help. I also had my second knee replacement this spring and I am still rehabing from it. It is amazing how long it can take to heal and regain strength in a joint.
Craftwise, I went on a knit dishcloth spree in August and September and knit a new supply for both my daughter and myself. It was easy knitting while we were camping and traveling. Now I am working on knitting new hats for my grandsons. The seven-year-old wants an eagle hat, the four-year-old a dog, and my daughter picked out a fox cap for the baby. They are so much fun to knit for.
On my breaks at work, I finished up sequined and appliqued felt Christmas stockings for two of my grandsons. I had finished one stocking last year before Christmas, so now they will all have one. It was a fun project to do on my lunch hours. Now I am working on the baby's birth sampler. I had to break down and buy a lighted magnifier to work on it. My eyes no longer like 18-count Aida cloth! I made variations of Beatrix Potter samplers for the other two, so this will be the third and last one. I am gradually picking away at the projects. I still have lots of knitting and doll-dressing projects I want to get to.
Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




So good to see you back! I understand the busy life thing...living the grandma dream but tiring as well as fun!
ReplyDeleteSomehow I thought that when my daughter was married and out of the house, I would have more time. But I didn't plan on working full-time. I love babysitting those little guys. They are so much fun and I feel blessed to be able to work my work schedule around them, at least when WA isn't in legislative session.
DeleteThanks for the comment, Kim. I am always so amazed that any one reads my blog. :)
Delete