While stuck in a chair for several weeks after my second knee replacement this spring, I discovered the "Gilmore Girls" show on Netflix. I was immediately hooked. It is just the kind of show my daughter and I have always enjoyed watching. Even better is that it ran for years and there are 140-something episodes to watch! :) I have been working my way through them in the evenings and weekends. I'm halfway through Season Five.
Now I hear they are coming back on Netflix for several episodes at Thanksgiving. Yes! We are having our Thanksgiving on Wednesday since my daughter has to work Thursday, Friday and Saturday. That will leave all day free on Friday to watch the new episodes and KNIT. I have signed up for two Gilmore Girls-themed mystery knit-a-longs that start on Thursday. One uses yarn that is reminiscent of the birch trees in fall in Stars Hollow, a white with black and grey speckles paired with a skein of autumn-leaves colored yarn. (The actual kit yarn was sold out and I had to substitute). The other KAL uses a multi-colored blue called "Lorelei Eyes" and a pewter gray. I have my yarn all ready in balls. I have knitting needles picked out. I have warned my husband the television will be unavailable. I am set. I will post pictures when I am done. Hopefully I will like the projects, always a risk with a mystery KAL.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment