I had a busy day today with church and our annual business meeting. My son-in-law came to my rescue this afternoon and uninstalled my defunct hot water heater and returned it to the store for the warranty replacement. I have a call into the plumber to install it. Of course, taking the old one out necessitated a good scrubbing of the corner it sits in. I tried kneeling down on my padded garden kneeler to scrub the dirty baseboards. It is the first time I've tried kneeling since my knee surgery. I didn't put my full weight on it and my other bad knee protested, but I managed to get the area scrubbed clean.
Since my husband is out of town, I had to feed the chickens and collect the eggs. Poor dears, they were hungry. Apparently I haven't been feeding them as much as my husband does. Then my other chore was to empty all the garbage cans and the recycling and roll them out to the road. I washed dishes by heating water on the stove to wash and rinse. I will be so happy when I have hot water again.
The new season of Call the Midwife started tonight. I just love that show. I watched it and knit on my shawl. Now I need to go and bake a lemon cake for a co-worker to take to work tomorrow. I also had some soup bones cooking all last night and today and I need to strain the broth and put it in the refrigerator for a little while to solidify some of the fat. Then tomorrow I will add vegetables and have a nice beef vegetable soup for dinner.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




sounds like you have a lot of do when husband is out of town...then sit and knit:)
ReplyDeleteChickens are always ravenous. You would think I never fed them by how excited they get, jumping right into the food and scratching.
ReplyDelete