It is June, the weather has been nice and I've been trying to be more productive. Whether its my age, weight, or disability, I don't seem to get as much done. I know I've been really tired lately (as I sit typing at 1 a.m.). In my defense, I was in bed earlier tonight and slept for about an hour, but I think I had too much coffee today and it's showing now.
I've been working on some sewing projects, baby presents for the most part. I really, really want to get to sewing some work dresses for myself. I have a couple I just love, but finding ready-made that fit seems to be impossible lately. I've also been making great progress on my shawl. I have one more section until I get to the lace. I really love the pattern. Most of it has been pretty mindless knitting, perfect for watching TV by.
I've also really been working on my garden. I've cleared another few feet of the flower beds around the house, mainly waiting for the iris to finish blooming before I tackle any more. I don't want to accidentally break those brittle flower stems. My daughter came over Monday night and helped me get started planting all our starts into the vegetable garden. My husband has been letting the garden space shrink the past several years, so we don't have as large an area as I'd like. I bought new garden tools and the shovel is excellent. Even with my bad knees, I am able to do some digging. I figure if I dig a few feet each time I'm working the garden, it will gradually grow to the size it used to be. Also, my son-in-law came by and helped us get the weed barrier down in the greenhouse and my husband cleaned off about a third of the back side of the greenhouse. The next step is to buy some lumber and build my garden beds in the greenhouse. My husband bought stepping stones to lay down the center and some pine bark for the area that isn't going to have garden beds. I also went out and purchased some large clay pots in which to plant a couple tomatoes. I'm getting excited to experiment with the greenhouse. Eventually I want to have some things growing in there all winter. I figure I should be able to grow salad vegies without too many problems.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Sure seems like you're getting a lot accomplished.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm trying. My house is a disaster though. :)
ReplyDeleteFun to read what you've been doing lately Jane! You are one busy gal!
ReplyDelete