The chicks are doing well. My husband let them outside today for the first time for a couple hours and they survived and managed to get themselves back in the chicken house for bedtime. I still haven't managed to get a floor in my greenhouse, but that is a more than two-person job so I am bribing people with dinner to come this week and help.
I managed to get the start of the weeding of the north flower bed done, the rest needs to wait until the lily-of-the-valley are done blooming. I also got the flower bed right by the front door weeded. Now I need to pick up some pansies and alyssum to plant there. I will slowly work my way around the house and plant bedding plants as I go.
I finished the sweaters for Malachi and Zachary. I really like how they turned out. They need to be blocked, but here is a picture of them finished. I was sewing in the last sleeve when I realized I had sewn it in inside out. That's what happens when you are too involved in the television shows you are watching. I just love Call the Midwife and Mr. Selfridge. I liked The Bletchley Circle also. I consider them about par with Downton Abbey. Everything is coming to the end though and I'm not sure what I'll find to watch this summer.
I've also been sewing up a storm lately. New bibs for Zachary. These are just a few, I've made several more also. Now to move on to a couple more projects that need to be finished up and to planting some things in the vegetable garden.
~Jane




No comments:
Post a Comment