Last weekend, I cleaned part of the greenhouse. I hoped to get the rest cleaned this weekend, but the weather is not cooperating. Nor is work. I ended up working very late two nights last week, one night to 11 p.m., and the other to 1 a.m. By this weekend, I am dragging and I still have to go in on Sunday. Hopefully this is the last big push and we are done, because I have lots of other things I want to get done this spring.
Malachi, my husband and I went out and purchased chicks today. I wanted a dozen, but we ended up with eight. Hopefully they all make it and aren't roosters! They are living in a box in the garage under heat lamps for now, but in a few weeks they'll have to move out to the chicken house. I want to get the chicken house all spruced up for them before then. It needs to be cleaned out, then sprayed down and disinfected, and then I want to paint it a light color inside so the light will reflect better. I'd like my son-in-law to make me some new nest boxes that you can access from the outside. Inside needs some new roosts. So that has to be the first priority.
We purchased some weed blocker cloth for the floor of the greenhouse. That needs to be cut and put down and covered over with pine shavings before anything else is done inside the greenhouse. I am still thinking of painting the outside with a clear gelcoat marine paint for fiberglass. I'm kind of waiting to hear back from a manufacturer about that before I try it.
My mother's house is sold, papers signed and everything. Just to finish up with the estate accountant and the lawyer now and it will be done. Well, except for sorting through everything I drug home.
I have one sock knit to the heel and I love the way it's coming out all diagonal lines and lace.
I'm back to knitting on Malachi's cable sweater. The entire body is now done and I have the collar and sleeves to go.
We finally got the new TV installed on its stand, so the stand isn't in the middle of living room where it's been for the past couple months. The coffee table is back where it belongs and things are looking a little more settled. I just need to continue cleaning and sorting.
My little Zach has been dropping off the bottom of the length charts and they ran tests and found that his thyroid is not working correctly. The poor little guy has to be on medication. So glad they figured it out though before he fell behind too much developmentally. My Malachi is as funny as ever. Grandma sure loves her boys.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment