Here I have all these great plans for what I'm going to accomplish while my husband's away and I sure am not getting very far. I have one closet cleaned out from my mom's and have brought it all home. It is a lot of my dad's stuff. Some framed commendations from his military days, boxes and boxes of slides, some reels of film, the projector, the splicer, and the screen. A few family heirlooms. The only catch is that I had to have a place to store it here. I don't want more boxes in the way when my husband gets home. I ended up cleaning out the closet in my daughter's room. After all, she's only been married seven and a half years. :) So all of her stuff is stacked and ready for me to dump at her house for her to go through. Once I moved all of it out, I had more than enough room to store all those keepsakes. I did discover while moving things around and vacuuming out the cobwebs in the closet, that the baseboards in that room really need cleaning. So now before I can move anything more around I'll need to wash them down. Unfortunately, every job I've attempted has been similar. Major cleaning once you start moving stuff. Eventually, my whole house will be cleaner and more organized. Let's hope it's before my husband gets back.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




The other day, we had a snow day. I decided to look for a hair product--trying to remember if I had used it all up or not.
ReplyDeleteWe've lived in our home since March of 2007, and I am a purger, yet once I started looking for that darned tube, I found myself organizing and cleaning the bathroom. I spent 3.5 hours doing so. I cleaning combs, make-up brushes, drawers, the medicine chest...
I believe you can't clean one space without mucking up another! ;) You're proving that true.
This summer break, I hope to purge, donate, sell, and clean more.