I was going to say I never usually make New Year resolutions and then realized I made some last year. How did I do? My blood sugar is still not under good control. I have my moments but nothing lasting. I've lost about 10 pounds, but need to lose more. I was doing better about getting to bed, but it fell apart with the holidays. Freezer meals - sometimes. Doll dresses, a couple. These were items #1, 2, 3, 7 and 12. I made a stab at these but didn't really succeed the way I wanted to. I did well with #4 - my mother's house. It isn't done but I did get estate ladies in to finish up emptying it out. The leftovers can go to the Goodwill with a clear conscience. Now to get it on the market for sale. I also did well with #6 - sewing up flannel yardage around the house. I made Malachi a couple pairs of flannel jammies, pj bottoms for three of them for Christmas, and three sets of cotton summer pjs for Malachi out of stash. Epic fails - #5 - Devotions, #8 Samplers framed, #9 Redo the small bedroom, #10 Organize the landing, and #11 Have a Garden.
So I have some resolutions for this year, but not with a lot of hope. These are in no order of importance.
1. Get to bed at a decent time. I've read all the information about how most Americans are sleep deprived and the toll it takes on your body. I'm going to attempt to get to bed by 11 at the latest and hopefully more like 10:30 p.m.
2. Turn off the computer by 10 p.m. I get stuck reading something at the last minutes or playing a game and then the next time I look, it's way past my bedtime.
3. Read 104 books. This is a totally doable goal. I read at least 2 books a week all this year.
4. Work on my menu planning. Some months I've done well, some weeks I have no clue what's for dinner. This will incorporate even more freezer meals as I go along. However, some of this will depend upon.....
5. Start eating better. I eat very few vegetables, too much cheese, and too many carbs. It's been causing me to have elevated blood sugar levels and I need to get them under control.
6. Start exercising some a couple times a week. I'm limited in what I can do because of my knees, but I still have my gym routine for my upper body and the equipment to do it.
7. Continue to destash. I managed to get rid of 12 boxes of unused/uneeded stuff in 2012. I'm aiming for double that this year.
8. Sew a couple of french fashion/other doll dresses this year. I have all the supplies, just need to take the time.
9. Paint and wallpaper the little bedroom. It still has wallpaper from when Elsie was a baby. :)
10. Get my samplers framed and hung. It's no good having them stuck away in drawers.
11. Have a garden this year and really utilize what we grow.
12. Continue to organize my stuff, finish projects that are started, and go through what I drug home from my mom's. I want to sell the stuff I planned on selling, and fix what I planned on fixing, and just generally organize everything.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment