Just when the flurry of sewing costumes was over, I managed to get sick with a very nasty virus. It knocked me out with a sore throat and a cough for days. I finally went to the doctor (and if you know me you know I hate to go to the doctor) to make sure it wasn't strep. I was afraid I'd made people sick at Thanksgiving. But it wasn't strep, for which I was really thankful.
This is the first time I haven't had Thanksgiving dinner at my house in probably 25 years. We went to a cousin of my husband's who we usually invite to our house, and we had a very nice time. I was grateful, since I wouldn't have been able to have dinner at our house. No energy to clean, bake or host. I was able to make my cranberries and my fruit salad and we just went. It was very relaxing. I am thinking of doing a turkey soon though, we just didn't have any leftovers. :)
So now it's time to get ready for Christmas. We are having people over for Christmas dinner. :) I have a few gifts purchased. Time to get the rest done.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Good thing Thanksgiving was early, you'll have time to get much accomplished.
ReplyDelete