This has been a typical week for me. I babysat my adorable little grandsons on Sunday. There is nothing I love doing more. Monday night, my daughter and I and the boys did some curtain and grocery shopping. We might have found some curtains for their new living room, but the final decision hasn't been made yet. Tuesday lunch hour I spent at the fabric store picking up some fabric and supplies. Tuesday after work I did a bank run to both banks and that evening Elsie and I hit the hardware store to look for paint chips for some new paint for their new house. Wednesday night I actually stayed home and finished a sweater for Zachary, sewing on the buttons. Thursday lunch Elsie and I and the boys hit the local bed and bath store looking for curtains. Thursday night I worked on a car seat cover for Zachary. I had picked out a couple of cute prints for the top and was going to line it with minkie, a nice soft velour fabric. But the minkie, being stretchey, was giving me fits working with it and I finally decided to line it with flannel but had to wait until Friday to buy some coordinating fabric. I finished knitting a hat for Zachary and replaced the elastic and velcro tabs on one of the diapers I sewed for Malachi three years ago. Friday I babysat a couple hours and then purchased my fabric and went home to wash and dry it before continuing work on the cover. All this and working a full-time job. Needless to say my house hasn't received much attention this week. Today I finished the cover. I had all kinds of tribulations with the straps at the top. I wanted them to button, but couldn't find suitable buttons in my stash. I finally just used velcro like the pattern called for.
 |
Mine is like this but a nice green and brown print. I'll post mine when I get a picture of it on the infant carrier.
|
I also folded a huge mountain of laundry while catching up on "The Voice." I knit on a hat for Malachi while my husband and I caught up on some of the shows we follow. Thank goodness for
On Demand. I have so many projects I want to work on. I have six diapers to finish and then my next project is Malachi's dinosaur costume for Halloween. Next will be our Regency dresses for Jane Austen bunco night in November. Malachi needs winter pajamas......the list goes on and on.
~Jane
You are such a busy bee dear Jane! GOODNESS! I love the feel of minki but oh, what a pain to sew. I avoid it.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Linda