Malachi came to spend a couple nights this weekend. It was so much fun having him stay over. We had fun reading books, playing with playdough, and blowing bubbles. I also washed my car while he washed the tricycle and we both weeded some of grandma's weeds. This is a cute picture of Malachi and Papa. Note: I couldn't get either one of them to actually look at me. They were having too much fun tickling.
Then Malachi decided to take pictures. This is his picture of me in my nightgown.
After church on Sunday, I decided to try a new freezer meal. I've been doing once-a-month cooking since 1989. I long ago settled on my usual method of doing multiples of one freezer meal a week, using one of them for dinner and freezing the other two or three. It works better for me than trying to do a whole month's worth at once. By picking a different meal each week I end up with a pretty large variety of meals that are ready to reheat. I also love my crockpot. I discovered a new method via Pinterest that combines freezer and crockpot meals. You prepare your crockpot meal in multiples and freeze them until you want to cook them, then empty the whole bag in the crockpot and cook it. Today I tried it out with the Healthy Mama BBQ Chicken meal from http://mamaandbabylove.com/ . I made two meals for myself and two meals for Elsie. She can add them to the stash of freezer meals she's collecting to use after the new baby arrives. I'm going to try one of them out tomorrow so we can see how it tastes. It took me just a little over an hour to prepare and assemble four meals. I know everything in them, and they have lots of vegies. This meal has sweet potato, zucchini, onions, and red and green peppers. It should taste yummy!
The other thing I'm doing this weekend is making all my lunch salads for the week in quart jars using the "salad in a jar" method. This was another thing I discovered on Pinterest. You make all your salads for the week in quart jars and just grab one and go each morning. There are four cups of vegies in each jar. Another healthy thing I can do (lunchtime salad) and an easy method to do it.
~Jane




Let me know how the salad in a jar thing works! It's "too late" for this school year, but I'd love it for next!
ReplyDelete