First, an update on my freezer crockpot meal. You definitely want to thaw these in the refrigerator before using. They wouldn't have to be totally thawed, just enough to break them up to fit in your crockpot. The recommended way to freeze is flat, so the meals stack. I threw the one I wanted to cook for today into the freezer last night, because I wanted to taste the meal after it had been frozen. Okay, my opinion on the Healthy Mama BBQ Chicken was that it was good. Not outstanding, but good. I ended up putting more meat in mine, the recipe only called for 1 pound (which was two chicken thighs), and I put an extra thigh in the meal. It wouldn't have had enough meat without it. The flavor was good. It was a bit runny, so I added a tablespoon of flour into it the last 30 minutes to thicken it up. We ate it in bowls. We have enough left over for another meal. It would probably be good over noodles or rice.
Next, my salads in a jar.
I didn't get around to making them yesterday, so made them today instead. A oil and vinegar dressing at the bottom, followed by cabbage shreds, carrot shreds, green onion, tomatoes, avacado, kidney beans, green and red pepper, feta cheese, and lots of lettuce. There are two small heads of romaine in these three jars. Tomorrow I'll find out how they taste. They sure look good!
~Jane




No comments:
Post a Comment