Last week was a tough one for me. I had to put my corgi, Carson, down. He has been slowing down this past year, but suddenly started getting weaker last weekend and then just stopped eating on Sunday. I knew where it was going, so finally steeled myself to take him to the vet on Tuesday and found out he probably had cancer. He had lost 7 pounds, which is a lot. He was so furry you didn't really see how much he had thinned out. Anyway, the vet said it was time for him to go visit the other dogs at the Rainbow Bridge. He was such a crazy, neurotic little dog. He came to us very abused and never totally got over the abuse, but he was a loving little dog that just wanted to be with you. He lived with us for 11 years. Rest in peace, Mr. Carson.
~Jane




I love corgis.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your loss. The death of a dog takes some getting used to.
Sorry to hear about this, Jane. They are so much a part of the family and leave such a hole behind.
ReplyDeleteLaVonne