I finally made a visit to my doctor last week. I have been limping around with really painful knees for months (years) now. I wanted to know exactly what was wrong with them and what my options were. Turns out I have moderately severe arthritis in both knees and I'm bone-on-bone in both knees. No wonder it hurts so much!
The doctor gave me some prescription meds that he thinks will help with the inflammation, some exercises to do to strengthen my quads and hamstrings so that when I do get a knee replacement, my recovery will be quicker, and some stretches to help with the tightness in my calves. Apparently though they don't do knee replacements until you are 60, so I have a few years to wait. He has a plan to get me through till then. I guess we'll see.
Meanwhile, I have been really watching what I'm eating to see if I can lower my blood sugar further. I've been doing pretty well, but you can always do better. Losing a few pounds would help both issues. It's hard to do either of these, lower your blood sugar and lose weight, when you can't really exercise, and yet exercise is what you really need. A sad situation.
Hopefully in about a month I'll be able to report that everything is working well and I can move around a little easier.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'll add you to my prayers!
ReplyDeleteOh Jane, so sorry to hear about your knees. My DH had one replaced. I'm having problems with one of mine and am upset to think about it. Hugs, Linda
ReplyDelete