I can't believe its been a couple weeks since I blogged about anything. Work has been very busy and it was complicated all last week by the weather. We had about 14" of snow and ice and trees down everywhere and getting to work was accomplished only with my husband's four-wheel-drive truck and a lot of back-tracking to find roads that you could get through on. They closed the church where my husband works, so he was available every day to take me to work and take me home. He also provided taxi service to one of my co-workers. It was very nice getting driven to the door each day. Work was warm and dry and well-lit, at least until Friday when the power went out and we had to go to generator power. Now generator power fuels some of the lights, but the pumps to the toilets weren't working and neither were our computers. We were sent home. We were without power at home for a couple days, but my daughter and her family were without power for 126 hours. The first couple days they spent at home since they had heat and water. But after a couple days the little guy was tired of no power and no baths, so they came to stay at Grandma's house. That was a real treat. The little guy is in a very cute phase right now. He says, "Grandma, what doing?" When I explained I was getting ready to go to work he replied, "I work!" When I explained he was staying home with Mommy, his little shoulders slumped. He says, "I fix it!" to everything. He sings the tune to Twinkle, twinkle to himself all the time. He can turn a really good somersault. Grandma loved having him and his mom to spend a couple days, even though I did have to go to work every day.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment