I work for the Washington State Legislature as a Committee Legislative Assistant. I support seven other people and help supervise a dozen clerks during session. Life is really busy during session each spring. This year session is 60 days long. I work long hours during session. Mostly when I get home I just want to zone out and watch TV or read a book. :)
We had to have some work done on our well a couple weeks ago and had a new water filteration system installed. Our experience has been that they last about 10 years and then they need to be replaced. You can have them recharged or buy new, but the recharging is almost as expensive as just getting the new system, plus you usually get an improved system. My husband has decided that, in order to stretch all the life we can out of the new one, we needed a high efficiency washer that cuts the water useage in half. Not only would it help the well, the filter and the septic, but the laundry is supposed to be dryer so it will save electricity also. So, for the first time in my life, we went out and purchased a new washer/dryer set. I've had new washers and new dryers, but never a set. We found a good buy on a set at a local appliance store and I am very happy with it.
The only problem will be getting it in to be installed. Because I've been dragging stuff home from my mom's, and because I'm just a packrat in general, there is a lot of STUFF floating around the family room where they will have to bring the appliances through. So every night, after I get home, I've been sorting through boxes. I've put some things out for the Goodwill, and organized the rest. I turned a few boxes around so there is more clearance around the door and now all my scrapbooking stuff is in one place. My husband is happy we'll be able to get the appliances in, but would really like to have some more of the boxes disappear. Maybe later. :)
~Jane
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Our home, save for my husband's office, is tidy. I just watched about 5 minutes of "Hoarding," and now I want to purge. Keep that show on as your inspiration?
ReplyDeleteI can't even watch that show it makes me sick. I have lots of stuff to get rid of from my own house, but my first goal is to sort and organize. I've been doing some weeding out also. I have a 30-year accumulation in this house.
ReplyDeleteRight there with you Jane! We've been here for 35 years and we are both sentimental savers...sigh.
ReplyDeleteDid you get lots of snow up your way? My daughter did in Seattle. We only got 1 good snow day.