We had a pretty good Christmas this year. We started it out with an inter-family potluck get-together and gift exchange with my brother's kids and his in-laws on the 23rd. Nice people and lots of fun. The little guy found a friend and had a blast. Unfortunately my daughter had to work, but my son-in-law and husband were there and we had a good time.
Saturday, my daughter and I babysat for one service at church and attended the next. We have a new pastor this year, so everything was a little different and there was no candlelight service. But it was still a good service. We followed it up with driving around town to look at the lights on the houses with all five of us in one car and ended up at Wendy's for dinner and Frosty's. If I had known we were going to do the lights first, we could have skipped Wendy's and just come back here to eat, since we were coming here anyways to open presents. Is it just me, or has Wendy's menu selection shrunk. I remember being able to get baked potatoes and chili. What happened?
On Sunday we had a sit-down dinner here for 11. We barely fit at the table. Any more and the card table extension is going to have to come out. We rarely have that many any more though, so it was fun. Everything tasted wonderful, including my sister-in-law's contribution, a Chocolate Christmas Dreamcake all the way from Junior's Fabulous Cheesecakes in New York. What a fun thing to do and she kept the anticipation going for a couple of weeks before Christmas, hinting at dessert. The little guy was so cute. I can hardly wait for next year, as I remember from my own daughter that the anticipation of Christmas when she was three was almost more than she could handle.
I received wonderful gifts. My husband scored a home run in the gift department with geneology software, an organizer for all my circular knitting needles, and a Kindle. I have to confess I've been playing with the Kindle since Thanksgiving and he made me give it back to wrap for Christmas. I got books and gift cards and money from the rest of the family. I loved it all. I've already downloaded about 60 free books onto the Kindle and love reading it in bed. There is no weight to it at all!
Can you believe that with all the excitement, I didn't take any pictures? Oh, well, I have the memories stashed away in my mind and heart.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




This describes a perfect Christmas with 11 not fitting at the table. Glad you like the Kindle. Forgetting the pics is like me, but I do have the joy in my mind too
ReplyDeleteI took only a few photos, and that's okay, it means I was relaxed!
ReplyDelete