I am trying to make an effort because, as my daughter told me, "You don't want your grandson to think Grandma's a humbug." Knowing I wasn't going to be able to take time off, I made sure that most of my gifts were purchased before Thanksgiving, I've been working on a rather involved project for my grandson and I knit him some mittens, and I've purchased everything else, including the stocking stuffers. But my tree is sitting undecorated in the dining room and the only decorations I have up are an advent calendar and the wreath on the front door.
I guess this is going to be the week I decorate and bake. I'll probably leave everything up for a while into the new year, since it all went up so late. And this is going to be the year I make everyone play games with me. We haven't had any good games going since my dad passed away. He always played games with everyone and anyone all afternoon. I miss that.
~Jane - with the finally decorated tree, although the garland wouldn't behave this year.




Savor all of the good memories and make new, joyful traditions with your family. Blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteThe garland looks lovely.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard for us to feel like a family with my parents gone, and I hate that.
But it IS important to start some of your own traditions--that goes with the idea of a family tree, it keeps branching out...
It's about time! =)
ReplyDelete