I'm using The Mary Frances Sewing Book for instructions and patterns. The patterns are perfect for my Schoenhut doll.
I used two crisp new linen handkerchiefs from my mom's stash to cut out her underwaist and petticoat.
The upper petticoat has a tuck, lace trim, and pearl buttons.
I ripped out the hem and the rick-rack trim on a lavender gingham apron and cut a little dress out for her. It'll have white linen bands at the neck and sleeve edges. I hope it turns out the way I want!
~Jane




I love it! Thanks for showing the process!
ReplyDeleteWell, I second that! Great sewing project. I wish we lived close to each other Jane...but then our husbands may never get a meal. Lol
ReplyDeleteLove, Linda
Well, the reality is that we don't live that far apart and should be able to get together once in a while. We should plan something.
ReplyDelete