This is one of those busy weekends, the kind you have to go back to work to recover from. It started out with taking off work early on Friday to go watch the Little Guy. Of course, everyone knows that's my favorite thing to do. I just adore that little guy. He does such funny things. His funny thing this week was punching a button on a monster truck he has, like it was a boom box, and dancing all over, even putting his head down on the floor and lifting up his hands. It looked like he was trying to spin on his head like a break dancer! Of course, since his mom and I clapped every time, he did it over and over again. After his mom left for work, we went on a long walk with his trike. We were both worn out by the time we got home.
On Saturday, I weeded out a large part of my overgrown flower bed on the north side of the house, pruned some of the poor roses that didn't get pruned earlier, and went through a plastic bin of gardening supplies in the garage. Then I folded a ton of laundry and went grocery shopping for Father's Day. I filled up my gas tank, since I had a 30 cents a gallon off through Safeway that was only good until midnight. I came home to cook enough meals to last us all week. Ran the dishwasher a couple of times. Watched the Mariner's game on TV and went to bed.
Today we went to church, babysat in the toddler's room, went grocery shopping again for the stuff I forgot Saturday, came home and made a beef stroganoff for dinner and a strawberry/rhubarb pie for dessert (my husband's request) for my husband, my daughter, and her guys. Did some picking up and dusting before everyone got here. Sorted out a cupboard of plastic water bottles to send to the Goodwill (it's amazing how they all collect). Listened to the Mariner's game on the radio and wished my mom was here to see how well they're doing this year. She loved listening to the Mariner's games.
Now it's time to get to bed. A new busy week ahead of me.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment