It seems like everything is in turmoil lately. From world news events like the Japan earthquake to the issues governments are dealing with, there is just so much happening lately. So much uncertainty. I would like to think that in such troubling times we could be untroubled, but I guess that is just too much to ask for. It seems to spill over into our everyday lives.
My son-in-law has been unemployed since right before New Years and my daughter only works part-time at our local hospital. Luckily there is unemployment, but things are really tight for them right now. My son-in-law's grandpa has not been doing well. It has been hard for my son-in-law since they haven't the money for him to fly down to Texas and help out. Jobs are almost non-existent around here right now. My daughter says there is hardly anything to apply for. It's stressful on everything and everyone.
As a mom, you wish you could just make it all better. But the reality is that as a parent you can only do so much and then suffer through it with them. It is so hard to see your kids hurting. I'm so glad I can pray. I don't know what people who don't believe in God do in times like these. It is the only thing that gets me through. I know that God listens to the prayers of his people.
My pastor preached this morning about how the Christian life is blessed, but its not easy. It was a great sermon, but not easy to hear. We want the fact that God is blessing us to mean that we will have an easy or perfect life. But the reality is that following Jesus is hard, but it's worth it. Going through what we are right now, this is a hard sermon, but puts things into perspective.
http://www.ecconline.cc/ecconline/media_player.shtml
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I know this job situation first hand. Fortunately we are getting better in our family. It is tough to see your kids hurt!
ReplyDeletekim