Not that that really means much. I have to be back at work by 10 a.m. tomorrow to continue the proofreading. This has been a long week. I'll have about 20 hours of overtime by tomorrow afternoon. Most of my time has been spent proofreading reports, my committee's and everyone else's. It makes for long days tied to your desk. I finally started picking up only four or five at a time, just so that I'd have an excuse to walk around delivering the finished reports and picking up new ones. A few more days and the worst of it will be over and we'll have a little break before the craziness starts again.
Since my days have been busy, I decided I needed to work on a project to help unwind at night. I cleared off my sewing counter and found some diapers that I needed to finish for the Little Guy. I made him about two dozen of the small size, and maybe 18 of the mediums. I made the pattern for those and its worked just fine, once we tweaked them a few times. My daughter found a pattern on the internet that she wanted me to try, so that's my new project. Finishing up the couple of already cut out diapers from this fall, repairing the elastic in one of the small ones so it can be packed away with the rest of that size, and making some new ones in a larger size for the Little Guy. I want to have them ready for when he needs them.
I also started knitting on my snowflake fingerless gloves and I love the way they're turning out. I gave the other pair away to a co-worker and I don't think she's taken them off since. She wears them every day in our cold basement office. I love looking across the aisle and seeing them on her hands.
I have been making some progress on the ironing. Here are some of the items I ironed this past week. I have lots more. Of course, this doesn't show the clothes I ironed to actually wear to work this week, but I did manage to iron the stack of garments on the ironing board and kept most of the newly washed items ironed also. One day I'll be caught up!
Tomorrow the Little Guy is coming to spend the night. I'm planning on finding some new Bits Cards for him from my stash and reading lots of new books to him. I just love having my Little Guy come visit!
~Jane







I have teased your daughter about her apparent ability to go without sleep. I see where she gets it...
ReplyDeleteTwenty hours of overtime and all that done? You blow me away!
I had an ear infection on Monday and Tuesday, and I have been wiped ever since. Trying to be normal, but feeling like I have mono. All I could think of was sleep, and then last night I slept poorly--which is why I'm up at 5:00 our time.
So your energy is REALLY mind-boggling to me!
Wow proofreading that much, sounds hard! I do not want to edit my old blog posts, it is tough. Congrats on getting ready for the little guy....
ReplyDeletekim