
Okay, I admit it, I'm a chain reader. I can't not have a book going, and usually have more than one. It drives my husband crazy. Right now I'm pretty committed to just one book,
A Breath of Snow and Ashes. It's the sixth book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I heard about these books for years. I picked up a couple at an office book sale a couple years ago, but then realized I didn't have the first one in the series. They sat in one of my office file drawer until last fall when one of my co-workers said she had the first book in the series and I could borrow it. I can't say much about these books because my daughter and her friend are reading them after me and I don't want to spoil the story. I will say that the author has degrees in zoology, marine biology, and ecology - none of which are useful in writing this book series. From somewhere she has picked up some Scottish and Early American history, and that is what the books are about. In a nutshell, the books concern a woman who steps between some standing stones in Scotland and ends up in the adventure of her life. The books are interesting, informative, and long. They're all about 1000 pages long, depending on the size of the volume you read. For someone who can easily read a book a day, these have been taking several weeks. Try the first one and see if you get hooked. :)
~Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment