Clutter and I have a continual battle around here. I don't know if we're accumulating faster than I can sort or what, but the stuff never really seems to diminish. Of course, a week after Christmas is probably not the time to be evaluating the situation. We did both just receive a few new things and there hasn't been much time to weed anything old out.
I got the Christmas tree down this weekend. Session starts on Monday and I don't like going into session with the decorations hanging around. I start working a minimum 10-hour day and I'm too tired when I get home to do a lot except relax a bit before bed. So, the tree down. All the decorations packed away. The boxes up to the attic. The attic storage rearranged to accommodate the two new boxes I acquired when I brought some of my mom's decorations home. The gift wrap packed away. An armload of junk from the attic down to the trash or recycling. Getting the boxes back up in the attic (after spending last year in Elsie's old bedroom) has freed up space so I could rearrange the portable crib and the rocking chair with a lot of nice open space in her old bedroom. Everything vacuumed and dusted. My knees were killing me after 50 million trips up and down the stairs, but I was so proud of myself. I have a box of wedding stuff (2005!) of Elsie's set aside for her to go through, plus a stack of her books. They will go home with her tomorrow night, since they're coming over for dinner. Yeah! Little by little.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Just made a trip to Goodwill yesterday. It's so wonderfully close, that even a small box, and I mean small, is worth driving over to get rid of.
ReplyDeleteI do feel like a spend a part of each weekend reorganizing the clutter created during the week and gearing up to clutter less facing the new week! It's a circle, and I have accepted it!