I'm not exactly sure what to title this blog. It starts with the fact that my son-in-law lost his job the week after Christmas. I hate when anything negative happens to my kids. I especially hate when they're short of money. I know its just a mom thing, but I want to fix it. My dear husband, on the other hand, expects them to fix the problem themselves. I've read all the books and advice columns, moms want to fix it for them, dads want them to pull themselves up by the boot straps and rise to the occasion. It's so hard though when you love them so much and hate seeing them struggle. Especially when all you really can do is pray. So I pray and usually I have lots of faith. All things happen for a reason. God has a plan. My daughter will tell you that I truly believe this. But no matter how much I believe, I also stress out about it. I'm never quite sure how you reconcile the two...having faith....but stressing out. Since I can't just pull a job out of the sky for him, and since there really doesn't seem to be much out there right now in the way of jobs, I decided to bump things up a notch and do a modified fast. No sweets or snacks for four days. Now four days doesn't seem like much, but usually I can't even make it through one day. So I thought four days sounded like quite the sacrifice. I've made it almost all the way through two days. I think I'll be able to go four. And I'm wondering if maybe I should just keep going until he gets a job? Who knows what positive benefits it might have, if not for my son-in-law, then maybe for me. I guess I'll re-evaluate on Monday morning. :)~Jane




No comments:
Post a Comment