Well, it's Wednesday. Today is one of my usual afternoons to babysit and the weather cooperated beautifully. By the time the Little Guy got up from his nap, the sun was shining and it was nice and warm outside. I was glad because the Little Guy loves being outside and I'm not looking forward to damp, chilly and gray days inside. He has loved being outside since he was a tiny baby and I think being outside is just in his genes. :) He had a lot of fun filling his trucks with dirt and rocks and throwing the dirt and rocks around. We are working on NOT throwing them at people, just onto the rest of the dirt and rocks. It went pretty well except for the handful of dirt that landed on his shoulder and went down the neck of his shirt. He didn't like that. Then we bounced the ball back and forth for a while and checked out the dogs that came by. I read him a couple of books and he thought Grandma had gone totally nuts when I started do all the actions in the book - hopping, marching, reaching for the sky, and reaching for my toes. We worked on his "So Big" and he's got that down pat now also. He did a lot of lawn mowing. After some milk and snacks, Daddy finally came home from work and was making him dinner so Grandma left for home.
For my October Challenge, this week is the main bathroom and one other room. Well, the bathroom is pretty clean after this Saturday's cleaning frenzy, so I tackled the upstairs landing. This is a catch-all place for everyone's discards. Mostly it has my daughter's toys (she is 28) and the Christmas decorations. Everything is piled up and not only is it unsightly, but it is very dusty. Plus, all the toddler toys are hiding up there somewhere, probably at the bottom of the pile. I need them for the Little Guy now or he'll grow past them. The Barbie House was there. The plastic shattered when I tried to move it, so it all went into the trash. That left a nice hole. I found a laundry basket filled with preschool toys, and my husband carried it down so I can wash everything. I sorted out a big box of yarn to donate to a friend of my daughter. She's teaching her fifth graders to knit this year. My husband is happy since he can already see progress being made. I'm happy since things are continuing to be decluttered.~Jane




I do not know where you find the energy (see my blog today and you'll see why I am so impressed)!
ReplyDelete