
Not many people outside of church know that I am a barista. Two times a month, my husband and I take over the running of the espresso cart at our church. He runs the cart, and I make coffee. I've been a barista for about ten years. It is always fun to make people their coffee, although frustrating sometimes when they order as if they're in the local Starbucks. We just don't make all those fancy drinks, thank you, although I've managed over the years to figure out how to make a Caramel Macchiato or an Espresso Con Panna, and I can make a passable Cappuccino. We get our beans from a local coffee roasting company in town and they offer a coffee art class that is a lot of fun. I've never really mastered how to make a design in the foam at the top of the coffee though, and since we serve in paper travel cups, its never been necessary. Come visit me at church. You'll get a free Latte! ~Jane




I would, but I don't drink coffee!
ReplyDeleteThis past week, I started tutoring in a Starbuck's. It's actually more convenient for one client and less distracting for another (he threw fits at home and wouldn't dare out in public!) I'm amazed at the money people drop on a cup of coffee. The bad thing is, I do have to make a purchase when there, but I do try to go as cheap as possible. Hot chocolate for this grown up!
Your coffee looks pretty!