
Someone asked my daughter a couple weeks ago how her grandma's house was coming along and when she thought we'd be done and she replied, "Never!" It does seem to be going much too slowly even though we sort through probably a dozen boxes every week and have been taking bags and bags of stuff to the Goodwill. I haven't been able to figure out any type of organizational system that my mother had and firmly suspect she didn't have one. Consequently, you will find a tablecloth in one box and several weeks later find a napkin that matches it in another, and the next week find a couple more in yet another box. So one thing we are doing is just hanging on to things to see if the matching napkins/tablecloth show up. While babysitting this week, I realized that a tablecloth my daughter had taken home to keep had matching napkins in a box at my house that I had brought home to iron. So they are ironed now and waiting to go live with their tablecloth at her house. I also found some napkins that match a tablecloth that I've actually had a while. Apparently my mother didn't realize the tablecloth had matching napkins when she gave it to me. :)

When my daughter was growing up, we frequently had tea parties for her, her friends, and her cousins. Lately the cousins have been remarking about how much fun the tea parties were and have recently had a couple. As I go through dishes, I'm going to look for a teacup/saucer set and maybe a small tablecloth for each one of them. It would be a fun keepsake of their Grandma B.
We've actually managed to sell a dozen aprons, so it's time to start washing and ironing again. I brought home a whole box the last time we were over there. This week was just too busy to get over there and the Little Guy was sick, but next Saturday I'm planning on working over there all day. I really want to get through the stuff in the greenhouse. I guess we'll see.
~ Jane
- The patchwork quilt below the napkins in the top photo is the quilt I'm making for my niece, Stephanie, who is having her first baby in a couple months. Her shower is in a couple weeks so I need to finish it up.
Keep posting the link for the etsy shop! Maybe someday I'll wear down and order one...
ReplyDelete