I was spending last night with a friend. Her husband passed away last week and she wanted someone to keep her company. We were watching "Dancing with the Stars" and knitting. All of a sudden I looked at my knitting. I mean, really looked. I dug out a tape measure and started measuring the sweater, and then I measured myself. I carefully examined the instructions, checked my gauge (which was a little off, but in the direction that the sweater should have been a tiny bit smaller than written), and had the horrible realization that the sweater was too big. I mean really too big! I pulled it off the needles so that it was its full width, not scrunched up on the needles, and wrapped it around me. It was at least 10 inches too big, maybe a foot. Ack! I spent the rest of the evening unraveling so I could start again, this time about two sizes smaller. So now my post matches my blog title - Unraveled. Here is the new picture of my sweater.~Jane
October Challenge Update - Ironed a couple more aprons to list on the etsy site for sale.




I made a scarf that looked a lot like your sweater!
ReplyDelete