I've mentioned my mother passed away this spring and I'm cleaning out her house. To this end, we've had a couple of garage sales. The problem is with the garage sale you end up selling everything way too cheap, mainly because of the sheer amount of stuff to be liquidated. We have managed to reduce the amount of stuff we're dealing with, but wish we could get a little more for it as it goes to new homes. My daughter and I have decided to try a new tactic. We are trying to sell some of my mother's linen collection off through her etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/littlesproutbasics. Vintage aprons, hankies and linens, still inexpensive, but slightly more reasonable prices than you can get through a garage sale. We hope.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




This sounds like a good idea.
ReplyDeleteI tend to donate things of value and then take a tax write off, but even then I only get what Goodwill (for instance) will be able to charge for it.
Right now I have a few things I'm going to try selling on ebay. Gulp. Have to figure out how to do that.
Let me know when you set up the store, I'd love to see what your mom created even though I'm not in the market!
Hugs to you.