Then I got motivated tonight and tried a new diaper pattern my daughter wanted me to make for the little guy and I think it turned out pretty good for a first attempt. It's supposed to fit trimmer than some of the others. I guess we'll see when we try it on him tomorrow. It was fun to try a different pattern, since all of his other diapers I sewed from a pattern I made up myself. I have to say I think my homemade diapers have worked beautifully. I did a lot of research and purchased the same fabrics the commercial diapers use. I estimated I spent about $4-5 a diaper, compared to $16-17 for the commercial ones. Since we needed a couple dozen of each size, it saved a lot of money and once I got the hang of them, they sewed up pretty fast. Of course, before I could sew anything tonight it took me two hours to organize the sewing counter and find the snaps and snap pliers.
~Jane





Love this bag!
ReplyDeleteI'm learning how to knit, the name of your blog pulled me in!
hello, fellow Jane! I just found and followed your blog via cookies ad clogs, and it's so nice to find a blog not filled with adds, product reviews, give-aways (and generally money making!) I like the bag, but you know what - I have a question - do you think it would be hard for me to learn to knit? - I have limited patience (I work with children and I'm a mummy, so all my patience is used up by the time it comes to learning new skills) but I'm a crafter... Please come visit me @ http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ Jane:)
ReplyDelete