While scanning through movies on Netflix, I came across a British series called the Duchess of Duke Street. There were about a dozen hour-long segments to watch in season 1, and they were there for instant viewing while I worked on my knitting and ironing. Marvelous. I liked the storyline and I loved the clothing. A kitchen maid who has the chance to become a chef and then attracts the attention of the King. It puts her in the position of being able to buy a hotel and the rest of the stories center on Louisa (the Duchess) and the hotel. A very interesting series and I really enjoyed it. I was unhappy though, when I figured out there is a Season 2, but you have to get them on disc, 5 discs, one disc at a time. I don't know why they couldn't be on instant viewing also. Oh, well. They are worth the wait.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hello - just popping over to say thank you so much for your tip in my blog comments about sewing on a China shoulder head. At a glance, it looks like we have a lot of interests in common, so I can't wait to come back and see what you've written. Thank you - from a fellow fan of Duchess of Duke St. and Tasha Tudor.
ReplyDelete