I've done a lot of reading about gluten-free diets the last couple of months, and I can see why you might possibly want to try it. I might even try it eventually. I would probably benefit some even though I don't have celiac disease. But I don't understand why people insist upon cramming gluten-free down your throat.
I was reading another blog this morning and the writer was commenting on sick day traditions. How when she was a child her mother always made them Campbell's chicken noodle soup to make them feel better. She ended her blog by asking what other people traditionally did when they or their kids were sick. Amidst the multitude of answers were a couple people chiming in that they ate their gluten-free chicken soup and their gluten-free crackers. Now why was the gluten-free part important? Who really cares? Why couldn't they just agree that they also love chicken soup and crackers when they are sick?
I know. This is just a stupid rant. But really? Why do they have to include that fact?
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I know what you mean Jane. Not sure I understand this one. I did see a spot with a doctor speaking about it and he said that only a small percentage of people need to do this.
ReplyDeleteIt's always something. WIsh we could just get healthy home grown like our grandparents did at one time. Fresh air and good food seem to be missing from our lives anymore.
Linda
I am glad to know there is somebody out there that feels like I do about gluten free this and that...I think the media is overdoing it with gluten free since it only affects a small percentage of people
ReplyDeleteI belong to a web site that gives information about GMO's( geneticly modified foods). So many people are allergic to peanuts to the point of near death. It seems like a lot of people are becoming allergic to gluten. Whether they are or not I don't know. But what I do know is that Monsanto and the other big seed companies are modifying their seeds, trying to change the DNA,crossing DNA, and blasting Round-up weed killer into the seeds.A University in Germany has been testing the round-up food and says that it causes the bacteria in your gut to change or die. Sounds like that is really an improvement. I nor my family has any problems with this junky seeds but I bought all heirloom seeds this year for my big garden.
ReplyDeleteKathy
My problem is not with gluten-free foods. My issue is with people who have to drag the gluten free part of it into every conversation. When we are talking about comfort foods, I don't need to know that your chicken noodle soup is gluten free. I don't care. It makes me wonder about the person themselves. What are they so insecure about that they need to mention it all the time. I am diabetic. However, I don't run around saying I made sugar-free cookies, unless the audience I am addressing is interested in that fact and looking for a sugar-free cookie recipe. I just say I baken cookies today.
ReplyDelete