A lot has been accomplished this week on my mom's house. I meant to get over there every evening this week, but some other things took priority a couple days. Monday night was Bunco night - couldn't miss that! Tuesday night I went over and sorted through things in a chest of drawers. These were things I found way back a couple years ago, so I couldn't really remember what I had put in there. I wanted to make sure there weren't any family items, and sure enough, found my mom's baby book in one of the drawers. Then Wednesday, my daughter, grandson, and I went up to Tacoma to do some shopping. We ended up getting a couple things for everyone and some Krispy Kreme doughnuts to eat on the way home. That night I baked a cake for one of my co-workers for their birthday. Thursday, my daughter and I went through the cupboards in my mom's utility area and cleaned it all up. I moved all the furniture around and we vacummed everywhere. We still have one large walk-in closet to go through. My brother is supposed to have taken some dead electronic things to the dump today: an old console TV, an old non-working console stereo, and my dad's old lift chair. Then he is supposed to be moving some of the furniture we do want to sell into the living room. Hopefully by the end of the week it will be ready for the Estate Sale ladies to start doing their thing.
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I been meaning to come over here since you commented to say thanks for the comment. It is nice to know that someone is reading. I'm sorry to see that you have lost your mother and are in the process of disposing of her belongings, a very emotional process. I remember when my mom died my sister-in-law and I both wanted everything. After a while you have a better perspective. I cherish a few things of hers but I don't need more than that. It sounds like you have help and that's good. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDelete