- Get my blood sugar under good control. I am so bad about this and I really need to make it my number one priority. I do well for a while and then backslide.
- Going along with 1., lose 25 pounds. Not only would this help my blood sugar, but my knees.
- Get to bed by 11 every night, she writes at 12:36 p.m. Again, sleep affects blood sugar and I'd just be so much more alert at work.
- Finish up my mother's house. There are still a lot of steps involved with this: lawyer, accountant, bank, loan, stuff to send to auction, stuff to try to sell to dealers, stuff to sell at yet another garage sale, stuff to throw out, cleaning, painting, floors, moving washer and dryer, finishing off unfinished part of house, and ultimately selling it. But I need to have progress every week no matter what.
- Be actively working through a devotional and my Bible every day. God so often gets neglected and then I wonder why things fall apart.
- Sew up all the flannel yardage in the house. Nightgowns, baby quilts, burp cloths, pajama bottoms - it doesn't matter what as long as it all goes.
- Sew a french fashion doll dress from materials from my mother's stash. She never achieved actually making something from all the stuff she collected. I want to make at least one outfit a year, but would rather it be two.
- Get some of my counted cross-stitch pieces framed. I have these nice samplers folded in a drawer. They need to come out and on the walls.
- Redo the guest bedroom. I've had new wallpaper for it for 10 years and it still has Elsie's bunny wallpaper on a couple walls from when it was her nursery. Enough.
- Organize the upstairs landing and the family room. Both are full of junk.
- Have a garden this year and use it. Except for the past couple years, I've always had a garden, however, I don't always use what I grow which is a waste.
- Get serious again about freezer meals. Dinner time around here lately has been appalling.
If I can just manage these 12 things, I think it will make a huge difference in my life. I guess we'll see.
~Jane




Those first 3 things on your list are on mine too! My latest A1c was scary and I've hit an all time high on the scale. Good luck to us both!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Those 12 things are huge!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the new year,
ellie
I know managing this list would be great...I like the date night with husband!
ReplyDelete