~Jane
Friday, November 25, 2011
Seasons of Life
A blogging friend is having a silent auction to help cover the costs of her friend's adopting a child from Haiti. Go here! I wanted to be supportive and send her something for it and planned on knitting or sewing something, but it seems that time has just evaporated lately!
About 10-15 years ago I was really into decorative painting. I mean, I was really in love with doing it! I was introduced to it by a new friend at the time and discovered I really had a talent for it. I painted my heart out and sold my items at various bazaars and sales around the area for a number of years. Then my painting friend dumped me, I went back to working outside the home, and my painting time dried up. I attempt something once in a while, but haven't really finished much in the past 10 years other than gifts for co-workers - some potpourri boxes or Christmas ornaments. I've had a canister set for my daughter sitting on my craft table for five years now. It has to get done in the next couple months. I promise! :)

Anyways, since I was running out of time to make anything new, I dug into some boxes I had of old inventory and found I had a lot more in there than I thought. I picked out a few pieces to send to the auction, and photographed the rest for my daughter to put in her Etsy shop. Just looking at everything made my heart beat a little faster! So check out our Etsy shop. Maybe if something sells, I'll try working on a few new projects. It may be that painting is cycling back into my life. :)

~Jane
~Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Adorable pieces! You were gracious to share.
ReplyDeleteellie
Really cute Jane!
ReplyDeleteLinda