| Hanging out to air. |
These are a few antique garments scattered throughout all the other table linens and old embroidered towels. There is what I think is a nightgown, brand new, never washed - with a train no less; a beautiful net dress with a satin cumberbund; a melting silk dress; and various bodices removed from their skirts. Most are not in very good condition, but I can just see my mother not being able to pass them by. I don't have the heart to get rid of them either. Also, there were a couple of petticoats, and one sweet little pink silk child's dress. It is torn in the front but should be fixable. If I ever get a grandaughter! :) There was also a little sleeveless nightgown, again I don't think it was ever used.
This is the fragile net dress. I've read on other boards about the dangers of old clothing, since they can contain a lot of dust and dust mites. Most things I wash right away, but these were too fragile unless I wanted to spend a lot of time soaking gently. For now I thought a good airing with a gentle breeze in the sun would help.
~Jane




I love that you have a clothes line. So fresh!
ReplyDeleteOh Jane...such a treasure to find. I love it!!!!
ReplyDeleteI read your post on my blog about your daughter on 9/11. My youngest was in New Mexico visiting her girlfriend. We couldn't get her back home for days as the airports were all closed. She even was finally on a plane and then had to get back off. She had never flown alone and we had to keep talking to her, it would be OK, it would be safe. I'll never forget the hugs at the airport when I picked her up! Ten years ago...wow.